Tuesday, May 11, 2010
This is a family favorite and we have this once a week. Unlike a tostada in a Mexican restaurant, this version is very low calorie and low fat with all the flavor.
· Baked corn tortilla to make your tostada shell (Bake in 400 oven for @ 15 minutes, spray each side of tortilla lightly with OO cooking spray) [1 point each]
· Fat Free Refried Beans (make your own or buy them canned such as Rosarita) [1/2 c = 1 point]
· RF shredded cheese (we like Trader Joe’s Lite Shredded 3 Cheese Blend) [1 oz = 2 points]
· FF Sour Cream or FF Plain Green yogurt [a T is only 20 calories, so does not count]
· Chopped lettuce
· Diced or Sliced tomato
· Diced white or yellow onion
· Chopped Green onion
· Any other veggies you like!
· Three tostada shells
· ½ cup beans
· 1 oz cheese
· load on the produce
This is only 6 points! Now if you want to be adventurous, add guacamole. Yes, this adds points, but it’s filling and healthy not to mention flavorful and delicious! So, maybe you end up with 9 points if you use 1 oz guac per tostada. Still, a low point yummy meal!
For my delicious homemade guacamole recipe see the post: Holy Guacamole! over at SAHM: Surviving Assorted Home Mayhem.